Benefits of Joining Unipol
Unipol is a not for profit charity that was established in Leeds in 1975 to help students find the best housing they can and to drive up standards. Unipol launched its Nottingham service in 2007 and is supported by both Nottingham Universities, their Students' Unions and the city's two Colleges of Further Education. The Nottingham service aims to provide:
- A central database for students looking for housing in the private sector alongside - the Unipol Nottingham website
- A recognised and robust accreditation scheme - the Unipol DASH Code.
Although Unipol does have an office in the innovation centre on the Jubilee Campus of University of Nottingham, most of our activity takes place online. This is illustrated by the fact that in 2011 alone our Nottingham website received 13.6 million hits and was used by students to make approximately 270,000 property searches. As well as being accessible to those students based in Nottingham the website also assists students from all over the world and is an essential central resource for the 30,000 or so who choose to live in Nottingham's private rental sector each year. As well as providing a central database of vacancies the site also provides a wealth of house hunting information both for students and owners
Unipol will be moving to a new City Centre location in 2013. More information can be found here
Advertising with Unipol
By choosing to advertise online with Unipol owners receive the following benefits:
- A full colour web display of your properties including a free external photograph (if required*)
- Use of Unipol's online advert management service. This allows you to self manage your adverts, inpuuting additional properties, making amends and adding internal photographs
- Links from your advertisement to your own website
- Access to Unipol's information on tenancies, deposits and repairs - including copies of legal stationary
- Advice and assistance from Unipol's staff and use of the Nottingham Bureau
- Invitations to Unipol hosted training events .
* For all owners Unipol can arrange to take a free external photograph of your property to accompany your advert. If you choose to use our online advert management service you can also attach an additional 8 internal photographs. Photographs are an increasingly important part of the letting process and the ‘virtual tour’ that internal photos provide is now an important contributing factor to how students select properties. Unipol recommends that owners make full use of this facility.
On successful completion of registration, all owners are sent a copy of their online advert so that they can check that the final advert meets with their approval.
The annual registration fees for advertising online vary according to the number of properties you choose to advertise. Please see the table located on the bottom half of this form for more information: http://www.unipol.org.uk/StuPRS/Nottingham/Forms/OwnersForm.pdf
Advertising Large Developments with Unipol
For owners of arge developments/private halls of residence (where over 15 students reside in one building) Unipol has a variety of tailored services. Advertisements for these properties are twice the size of our standard listings and owners have the option of displaying multiple variations of their advertisements according to the different flat configurations/sizes they offer.
Fees for large developments are individually negotiated. If you would like to enquire about advertising your large development please contact the Bureau by email at: email@example.com
The Unipol DASH Code
Unipol operates the Unipol DASH Code accreditation scheme. This is the only recognised accreditation scheme for student housing in Nottingham and replaced the previous scheme - the Greater Nottingham Student Accommodation Scheme in 2008. Both of the Nottingham Universities and the Colleges of Further Education advise their students to give preference to accredited properties.
Owners voluntarily join the scheme and in doing so agree to meet a minimum set of standards. Accreditation is viewed as important to students as it provides them with an indication of quality when reviewing properties.
Accredited owners receive a number of key benefits:
- Accredited properties are displayed ahead of other properties on the Unipol Nottingham website and are highlighted by a blue border and the accreditation logo
- Only Unipol DASH Code accredited properties are displayed on Nottingham Trent University's accommodation website
- Invitations to special "accreditated owners only" events such as the twice yearly briefings on market trends in accreditation
- Publicity and merchandise for you to distribute to your tenants
- Input into the Owners Consultative Group
- The opportunity to advertise in Unipol's "Housing" tabloid which is distributed to approximately 25,000 students at key points in the househunting year
- Advice and assistance from the Accreditation Officer
How to Apply:
To take advantage of Unipol's online advertising service and/or to become accredited simply contact the Accommodation Bureau on 0115 846 8599 and request a registration pack. This pack will include details of Unipol's services as well owner registration and advertisement forms. If you are unsure of any aspect of the registration process, how to complete the advertisement form or how to market your property please contact the Bureau. Alternatively you can register online
Owners can if they wish enter, amend and manage their adverts completely online. To do this you will need an online username and password. Your username will be a combination of the first 4 letters of your surname or company name (the company name takes precedence) plus your owner registration number. To obtain a password send an email to Unipol at Owners@unipol.leeds.ac.uk stating your name, company name and owner registration number. Unipol will then enable your account so that you can use the system online and will email you a password. Please keep your username and password secure. To access the online site please click here.
To change your password enter the system and go to the index tab marked registration. Click Edit Details and then enter your new password in the two boxes then Click Accept. Your new password will be confirmed to you by email. For more information on how to use this service please download the user guide.