Special House Hunting Mixing Events 2013
Every year, a proportion of students who are starting courses at institutions in Leeds look for accommodation let by private owners rather than institutions. We also provide specialist help for students already studying in Leeds who are house hunting alone (please see below).
Although this can be a daunting process we can help you.
Unipol works closely with the Universities and Colleges to organise House Hunting Mixing days where students can meet each other and look for properties together. We assist you to make informed decisions, to choose a property and people that you are happy to live with.
Don't want to live in a group? No problem we provide specialist one-2-one assistance too
The events are organised to help individual house hunters as well as groups so if you don't necessarily want to form a group you should still come along as staff will be on hand to give one-to-one assistance. If sufficient people attend together then Unipol staff will help facilitate mixing to enable participants to look for houses together, if they wish.
Unipol Student Homes will have staff available throughout the day to offer support and advice on all aspects of house hunting in the private sector. Staff will help you search the web, contact landlords and arrange viewings.
There are special house hunting mixing days for the following institutions:
- Returners' Event (open event for all Leeds students)
- University of Leeds Postgraduate, PGCE and Mature students
- Leeds College of Art
- Northern School of Contemporary Dance
Details of the events can be found below
Before attending an event
You may want to do some preparatory work before coming to Leeds:
- Use the Student to Student Notice Board and make contact with other students before the Mixing Days. You can leave a message in the "Looking to form a group" section.
- Familiarise yourself with the website and search for properties so that you get a feel for what is available and what facilities you want in a property.
- Look at the website for information on renting, deposits and viewing a property using the house hunting checklist.
- Think about the type of property that you would like to live in and the type of people you want to live with.
Booking Your Place
Book on your chosen House Hunting Mixing Day by clicking the appropriate link below.
Please note that only students aged 18 or over on the day of the choosen event can attend.
Mixing Events are allocated on a first come basis and early booking is recommended if you need to attend a particular day. All bookings should be made at least 2 working days before the event. If you are no longer able to attend please contact Unipol on 0113 243 0169 to cancel so your place can be re-allocated.
Wednesday 8th May 2013
Thursday 6th June 2013
Friday 26 July
Thursday 22 August
Friday 30 August
Tuesday 14 May 2013
Friday 14 June 2013
Northern School of Contemporary Dance
Friday 3rd May 2013
Saturday 6th July 2013